Kerrie Thompson Mohr, LCSW, Founder, Therapist, Consultant
Since graduate school at Columbia University School of Social Work, I have focused my career on seeking out solutions to individual, family and community problems through policy reform, community organizing, managing teams and building nonprofit social service programs.
My interest and passion for the "bigger picture" is what drove me to pursue studies at Columbia and a steady, progressive climb in nonprofit administration & leadership allowed me the chance to service communities on multi-levels as well as grow my career through seizing opportunities in very exciting ways, from the corporate nonprofit structures of NYC to the authentic and mission-driven grassroots culture of the San Francisco Bay Area. My path led me from the Midwest of my origins, to the East Coast then West Coast and back, on a spiritual leadership pilgrimage to France and even through the completion of a Columbia Business School certificate program. It is a nonstop and ever-evolving journey.
Throughout the last 15 years of my career, I supervised and coached clinical social workers and oversaw all aspects of quality of care for children, youth, families and individuals served, as well as training and fidelity to our various models of service delivery. I also always maintained a 1:1 psychotherapy practice with a small group of individuals and facilitated clinical, support and psycho-education groups to stay connected to my passion & purpose and ensure continued growth of my own clinical skills.
A Good Place is where my passion for working with individuals towards sustainable change and promoting healthy, thriving teams and organizations comes together. It stems from a fundamental belief that emotionally and psychologically safe communities and individuals have a reciprocal relationship. The individual nurtures the community and the community sustains the individual.
Recent Articles and Media
Credentials and Training
- New York LCSW, #078457, Present
- California LCSW #26766, Present
- Beck Institute, training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, 2015-2016
- Dr. Deborah Melamed, Soho Cognitive, training and consultation in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, 2015-Present
- Certificate, Executive Education-School of Social Enterprise-Senior Leader Program for Non-Profit Professionals, Columbia Business School (2012)
- Certificate, Supervision and Administration, Hunter College School of Social Work (2002)
- Certificate, Supervision and Field Instruction (SIFI), Columbia University School of Social Work (2001)
- MSW, Columbia University School of Social Work (2000)
- BA, The University of Saint Thomas, Summa Cum Laude (1998)
- The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, October 2016- Present
- New York City Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Association, September 2015-Present
- The National Association of Social Workers, 1999-Present
For more information on my professional background, please feel free to check out my LinkedIn Profile here.