Heather Sutter, LCSW
Everyone has a story to tell and I'm here to listen to yours. I provide a safe and caring place to reflect and make positive changes in your life. Whether you are looking for support to help cope with a major life transition, manage your mental health or seeking a non-judgmental listener, together we can take positive steps forward. My goal is to help you process your own experiences and implement new behaviors and thoughts that will help you regain control of your life in a healthy way.
With over twelve years of experience providing psychotherapy for children, adolescents, adults and families, my extensive training in the trauma field will help you to understand how your experiences, behaviors, and needs are all connected. Family work can play a powerful role in understanding a child’s emotional, psychological, learning or behavioral strengths and challenges. The use of Relational Family Counseling and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy will allow us to work together and remedy problematic behaviors while improving your family relationships and dynamics. Individual and family sessions are held in conjunction with our agreed upon treatment goals. Seeking treatment can be intimidating, but it shouldn't be.
I am available for private office hours and in-home family counseling services upon request. Please call me for a free consultation to discuss your needs and goals so that we can get started on your path towards a brighter future!
Blog Posts by Heather:
- Seven Things to Consider Before Marrying Outside of your Culture
- You Got the Ring, Now What?
- The Table in the Middle of the Room
- Clinical Practice with Adolescents; New York University Post-Master’s Certificate Program
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Relational Family Counseling
- Columbia University: Master’s in Social Work
- Syracuse University: Bachelor’s in Social Work
- New York State LCSW: License Number # 078497
For more information, check out my LinkedIn Profile here.